Friday, September 30, 2011

Tacoma Art Museum

I recently stayed the night in Tacoma, WA just to get a Korean Body Scrub with
a girlfriend (I highly recommend the Olympus Spa if you ever visit Tacoma).
I fell in love with this quaint college town and was most impressed with
the Tacoma Art Museum. Tacoma is the birthplace of the
glass genius Dale Chihuly and the museum had a special exhibit of his work.
Here are some pics from my visit there.

Here is the Museum mascot at the entrance, Leroy,
which is made out of recycled cardboard and glue.
Behind Leroy is a big bowl where you put donations for the museum.


I've never seen silver done in such a way.
I was amazed with Jewelry designer Flora Book.





Installation of Chihuly Niijima Floats on Tacoma Art Museum’s Stone Sculpture.



Chihuly's basket series





Chihuly's collection of American blankets that inspired his glasswork.





My room at the Hotel Murano, complete with a view!

Chihuly Garden and Glass, Seattle, Washington
Opens Spring 2012

No comments: