Tuesday, July 29, 2014

How to get a 'stale' smell out of vintage clothing


I love vintage clothing, but hate that all too common moth smell that plagues some of the finest vintage clothes. I have passed on some amazing gowns, because I couldn't get over the smell.

My sister told me the following trick to get rid of the smell and I was elated to discover that it actually works.  It very simple and safe. Here is what you do:

  1. Grind a cup or two of coffee beans. 
  2. Add the fresh grounds into an open plastic bag. 
  3. Hang the item in a garment bag with the the open coffee bag and let it sit for at least a week. 

The smell will be gone! Thanks Coffee for being even more amazing than I thought possible.

Image courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons Article by Elizabeth Aley

No comments: