Monday, February 8, 2010

Kauai 2010

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to pay a little more attention to my blog. Not only will I post new items, sales and events, but also share with you things that catch my eye and certain events in my life that have taken place. On a daily basis women share a bit of themselves with me, and so I thought I would do the same in return.

I was born in SF, but my family relocated to Hawaii right after high school. I consider Hawaii my home, as I have a strong connection with the islands and really found myself as a college kid.

I know that Fall is everyone's favorite season here in Portland. But me, I LOVE summertime! The less clothes the better. For spring/summer I am inspired by color and comfortable breezy fabrics, wearing flats or sandals, and an overall simplicity to day to day living.

Here are images from a recent trip to Kauai where I completely lost myself, did away with my Blackberry, and loved every minute of it.


Thank you Millers, xoxo.




Wailua Trail



I kid you not, beaches in Kauai are this tranquil.







The fam! We did a small hike that was definitely worth the view.


Homemade pasta



Homemade Naan Bread with our Indian feast below.






Is this not the cutest shaved ice stand? It was the best we had on the island. I think Obama needs to bring the girls here.

Cherry flavor with condensed milk.


Bird of Paradise


We pulled over the side of the road and had local boar. It was awesome!


Albatross at the Kilauea Point National Wildlife Refuge

Kilauea Lighthouse




My little girl's sand castle.



No comments: